Thursday, April 16, 2009

From my Studio

I'm new to blogging so haven't thought a lot about what I want to say however, I'm just going to introduce myself. My name is Linda and I'm a visual artist, fiction writer, event planner and give private art lessons in my studio. I received permission from the Mayor of Zanesville, our county commissioners and ODOT to close down our historical Y-bridge (the only one like it) for a two-day arts festival in August so planning this event keeps me pretty busy. I have 15 volunteer committees working to plan and facilitate this exciting event that will, hopefully, bring tourists to our city and infuse money into our local economy as well as let people know the quality of the many artists working in the Zanesville area.

My large paintings are mostly oils and depict serious contemporary issues adversely affecting females. I also paint fantasy, landscapes, illustrate scenes from my stories, as well as capture illusive moments from my past. I'm currently working on a series of nudes for an exhibit with a fellow artist.

I've completed five young adult fiction novels and another novel (mainstream) that tells the story of a young gay artist growing up in the mountains and the reclusive mentor who not only teaches him to paint but also encourages him to go into the world to seek his true identity while persuing a career as a professional artist...Linda Regula

No comments:

Post a Comment